Find more dog breeds here!

Translate

Total Pageviews

Monday, December 3, 2007

New car

After all the kvetching I do over public transportation (the TTC, more specifically), it may be a little surprising to you that only now am I mentioning that I've purchased a new car.
My quality of life has improved dramatically since I bought it over a month ago. I no longer take the subway or filthy, inconvenient streetcars. It is surprising even to me that it took four years to make this decision.
However, it was an expensive decision. I bought another Mini, which I didn't have to. I could've have purchased the much-less-expensive Yaris, which drives well, too. I do feel the safer in the tank-like weight of the Mini, hence my decision to purchase it.
Parking downtown is expensive, obviously. I pay $8-$12 at least four times weekly. This adds up. BUT, I have the independence I was looking for.
It is a shame that I cannot avail myself of a world-class public transportation system in this city. The reason for this is simple: it doesn't exist, except in the form of a small, iridescent, taupe-coloured Mini Cooper.

Me, feigning happiness, in my Mini

5 comments:

joe positive said...

Everyone's a bit happier in a mini!

sarah said...

One thing you forgot to mention is that the new mini really classes up our street!

Neighbour Sarah

sarah said...

One thing you forgot to mention is that the new mini really classes up our street!

Neighbour Sarah

bigmac1x said...

You look good sitting in that new vehicle. A present to your self for the holidays? Have a great one.
Pepsi and Poncho.

Stelle said...

“My quality of life has improved dramatically...” - I know what you mean, sir. Back then, I relied on public transportation when I had to go somewhere. However, it was such a hassle to wait for the bus and the train. There were also times when I came late for my appointment because the train arrived late. To lessen the stress of daily commute, I decided to get a car. From then on, I didn't have to worry about missing or being late for my appointments. Anyway, do you still have you Coop with you? I hope so! It is such a marvelous car. :)

Best,
Stelle