Find more dog breeds here!

Translate

Total Pageviews

Sunday, January 27, 2008

Clearing the haze

I'm sorry I have not posted in a while. I have made a very important decision, something I was considering for months. Last week I gave my notice at work. So mid-February I will no longer be at my current practice. I have left on the best of terms and will sadly miss everyone at work. It was one of the toughest decisions I have ever made. Why? Good question. Let's just say that my professional goals would never be met there. I am not angry or sad because that's just the way it is. I am deeply saddened by leaving those many, many wonderful clients and pets that I have known through this practice. I feel like I am deserting them.
The good news is that I truly feel like I made the right decision. While I have nothing lined up, I still feel optimistic. I have cleared the haze in order to more clearly see the future. I will take the necessary time to determine what exactly I want to do now: open my own practice perhaps? I will see...
Thank you everyone!


A vacation is in order.

5 comments:

Mel said...

It's so very important to be happy in what you're doing, but I know very, very well how scary it is to be on the cusp of that sort of decision. The good thing about being in this profession is that you can pretty much always find a new job situation. I hope you find the one you want.

TorontoVet said...

Mel, thank you very much for your empathy.

Brent said...

good luck old boy, go as far as you want to, see all you want to see, eat as much as you need to, read, sing , dance your fill, and when you're ready to come back, click your red heels.

TorontoVet said...

..... because there is no place like home.
Thanks for your support, Brent.

James said...

life is short, and a life lived in fear is a life half-lived! congrats!