Find more dog breeds here!

Translate

Total Pageviews

Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Dog left in van

Michou, a handsome, grey, curly-haired, little poodle, spent 19 days in a van at a Vermont airport while his owner was vacationing. Pascal Bellon, the said owner from a charming little town in the Eastern Townships of Quebec, told authorities he did not know the dog was in the car.

His fine: $100. Authorities could not prove he wasn't telling the truth so he got off with a slap on the wrist.

Michou lost 50 percent of his weight over 19 days of starvation, dehydration, and freezing temperatures. There was an outpouring of both compassion for the dog and outrage with the fine against the owner.
I know humans are an imperfect species, but I wish we weren't quite so imperfect.


A sufficient fine? Where are those tough laws now (see previous post)?

3 comments:

DogsDeserveFreedom said...

I saw this in the paper yesterday on my lunch!! $100/19 days. Pah.

The teachers in the staff room weren't too impressed with my colourful comments ... guess I should have waited until after I left the school. One of them just sighed and closed the door. They are so patient with me.

DogsDeserveFreedom

Akmar Anuar said...

It is not appropriate to leave our pet in the car when we are travelling. Just imagine how we react when someone does the same thing like this to us? For me the fine wasnt enough.

retriever farm said...

I agree this is propsterus, but no worse than a local woman where I live that left her infant in the car during a full days work as vice principal of the school. The infant died , but she did remember the donughts she had stopped at buskens and bought that morning. She recieved no punishment for this murder pleaded her wasn't menatally all there, YOU'RE NOT KIDDING! What the heck is wrong with people. I hope the doggy recovers and bites his owner!!!